M∙A∙C AIDS Fund partnership to tackle HIV and AIDS
13th March 2017
Today Comic Relief and M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, the charitable arm of M∙A∙C Cosmetics, have formed an exciting new collaboration to tackle HIV and AIDS and raise awareness of its continuing impact. This three-year partnership will channel their joint passion and shared commitment to fund innovative approaches to fighting the epidemic.
Although globally, the number of new HIV cases is declining each year, and more people than ever are getting tested and accessing treatment, HIV and AIDS still present a major challenge. In 2015 there were over 36 million people living with HIV, 70% of whom live in sub-Saharan Africa. Here in the UK, more than 100,000 people are currently estimated to be living with HIV, making it one of the fastest growing serious health conditions in this country.
This new collaboration, created with a £1 million pledge from each partner, will provide grants to organisations working with some of the most vulnerable and marginalised communities across sub-Saharan Africa and the UK. Grants will focus on improving the quality of life of people living with HIV and AIDS, and funding innovative approaches to increase prevention, care and support, and access to treatment.
Gilly Green, Head of UK Grants at Comic Relief, said: ‘We are incredibly excited about joining forces with M∙A∙C AIDS Fund to maximise the impact of our HIV and AIDS funding. Comic Relief’s long history of funding and raising awareness of HIV and AIDS, coupled with the bold and innovative work of M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, will undoubtedly make this a powerful partnership and we can’t wait to see what we can achieve together.’
Nancy Mahon, Senior Vice President for Global Philanthropy and Corporate Citizenship at The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. and Global Executive Director of M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, said: ‘In the fight against HIV and AIDS, M∙A∙C has always been a voice for those who need it most. We are thrilled to partner with Comic Relief because we know that together our resources will go further and our voice will grow louder. Together we can foster the innovation that is needed to win the war against HIV and AIDS.’
The partnership will be launching funding initiatives in Spring 2017 and further details will be available on www.comicrelief.com/grants/initiatives.
- £250,000 charities’ leadership programme launched
£250,000 charities’ leadership programme launched
- Blog post: Celebrating World Refugee Day
Blog post: Celebrating World Refugee Day
- Supporting refugees
- What is the Queen’s Young Leaders programme?
What is the Queen’s Young Leaders programme?
- It’s Red Nose Day in China!
It’s Red Nose Day in China!
- Red Nose Day USA is here!
Red Nose Day USA is here!
- Comic Relief welcomes new grants director
Comic Relief welcomes new grants director
- World Malaria Day
World Malaria Day
- World Immunisation Week #VaccinesWork
World Immunisation Week #VaccinesWork
- Bill Gates "goes back to school" to hear young people debate some of the toughest world issues
Bill Gates "goes back to school" to hear young people debate some of the toughest world issues
- Comic Relief appoints Lenny Henry and Kevin Cahill as Honorary Life Presidents
Comic Relief appoints Lenny Henry and Kevin Cahill as Honorary Life Presidents
- Thank You!
- Community Cash Fund launched by Comic Relief
Community Cash Fund launched by Comic Relief
- Stephen Hawking's New Voice | Comic Relief Originals
Stephen Hawking's New Voice | Comic Relief Originals
- What keeps you awake at night and how can this funding help you sleep better?
What keeps you awake at night and how can this funding help you sleep better?
- Red Nose Day’s spectacular night of TV
Red Nose Day’s spectacular night of TV
- Comic Relief and BT Sport create first ever virtual reality comedy sketch
Comic Relief and BT Sport create first ever virtual reality comedy sketch
- Go 8 Bit 12 hour gaming marathon for Comic Relief
Go 8 Bit 12 hour gaming marathon for Comic Relief
- East African crisis appeal
East African crisis appeal
- Big Lottery Fund joins Tech vs Abuse initiative
Big Lottery Fund joins Tech vs Abuse initiative